Data Set Tree
Imported data are organized hierarchically as a tree, which is located on the left side and is used for navigation.
There are three types of nodes:
- Leaf nodes represent data sets.
- Inner nodes are data spaces, which serve as data set folders.
- Top-level nodes are called studies.
Although, it is not recommended a single data set can reside at several locations in the tree.
Each data set contains any number of
Graphical widgets, which represent the outcome of certain statistics (such as distribution or correlation) can be of 5 chart types: pie, column, bar, line, and polar. The chart type of a widget can be dynamically changed by clicking in the top left corner of the widget, and choosing a new type. The chart will redrawn immediately after the selection.
Views are not static; they can be dynamically filtered. The easiest way to filter is to click on a desired category in a distribution widget (e.g., "Female").
Since one of the main functionalities of Ada is to provide comprehensive reports, which can be later included in other documents or post-processed, Ada provides several options for exporting.
More specifically, each (graphical) widget can be exported into four formats: PNG, JPEG, PDF, and SVG. This can be achieved by clicking either in the top right corner of a specific widget, or by selecting "Export charts as ..." in the Export menu located in the top right corner of the screen.
Besides the chart exports, data can be exported to CSV, JSON, or tranSMART file format, available in the Export menu. These include the following options:
- Export All as CSV/JSON - As the name suggest, it exports the entire data set with all the rows and fields.
- Export Filtered as CSV/JSON - This selection exports only the filtered rows/items with all the fields.
- Export Filtered Table as CSV/JSON - This is the most conservative but probably the most preferred option. It exports only the filtered rows/items with the fields/columns from the view's table (located at the bottom).
- Export as TranSMART Data - It exports all the rows to the tranSMART data file format. It includes only the fields that are linked to a category.
- Export as TranSMART Mapping - It exports all the fields with a category (i.e., without data) to the tranSMART mapping file format.